- Accesses or uses the Site,
- Accesses and/or views any of the blog posts (“Blog Posts”), videos, audio, stories, testimonials, text, photographs, graphics, artwork and/or other content featured on the Site, as made available by Cosmetic Injectables Center (collectively, the “Content”);
- Accesses links to Cosmetic Injectables Center’s™ social media pages/accounts on third party social media websites, such as Facebook®, Instagram® and Twitter® (collectively, “Social Media Pages”);
- Utilizes the contact form and/or other functionality as a means to book a service appointment and/or request being contacted by Cosmetic Injectables Center™ (collectively, “Contact Services”);
- Signs up for Cosmetic Injectables Center™ special offers newsletter (“Newsletter”);
- Enters specific promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes offered by Cosmetic Injectables Center™ by and through the Site, otherwise, from time-to-time (collectively, “Promotions”); and/or
- Purchases any of the gift cards, services packages, or other items made available by and through the Site (collectively, the “Products” and together with the Site, Content, social media Pages, Contact Services, Newsletter and Promotions, the “Cosmetic Injectables Center Offerings”).
Capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meanings outlined in Cosmetic Injectables Center Website Terms and Conditions and Mobile Application End-User License Agreement (“Terms and Conditions”).
The Cosmetic Injectables Center is operated under the legal jurisdiction of California; and for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (Regulation EU 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council) (the “GDPR”) and in compliance with other applicable policies, Cosmetic Injectables Center is the data controller.
Information We collect
When you make use of our website and the services that we offer, we may collect and process certain information about you and they fall into one of these two categories as described below:
Personal Information that We Collect
In connection with completing the Site registration process and in connection with your use of certain Cosmetic Injectables Center Offerings, Cosmetic Injectables Center will collect your: (a) full name; (b) e-mail address; (c) billing/mailing address; (d) telephone number; (e) credit card information (where you wish to purchase Products); (f) what treatments you are interested in; (g) what days and times you prefer for treatments; (h) when you prefer to be contacted; (i) any additional comments that you wish to make; and/or (j) any other information requested on the applicable form.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- Mobile Device and Geolocation Information
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you and your mobile device (“Mobile Device”) when you access the site and/or visit certain pages. This non-personally identifiable information includes, without limitation, the following information pertaining to your Mobile Device: Mobile Device platform type; Mobile Device identifier; SDK version; iOS Identifier for Advertising (if applicable); iOS Identifier for Vendors (if applicable); Media Access Control (MAC) address; International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI); the model type, manufacture, and iOS version and/or Android version of the mobile device. We use the non-personally identifiable information identified in this paragraph to improve the design and content of Cosmetic Injectables Center offerings and to enable us to personalize your experience. We may also use this information in the aggregate to analyze the usage of Cosmetic Injectables Center offerings, alter existing Cosmetic Injectables Center offerings, or develop new or different Cosmetic Injectables Center offerings.
- Geolocation Tracking
Cosmetic Injectables Center does not use geolocation technology to track users’ locations.
- IP Addresses/Browser Type
We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information about you and your desktop computer and/or mobile device when you visit many of the site’s pages as applicable. This non-personally identifiable information includes, without limitation, the type of browser that you use, your IP address, the type of operating system that you use, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of Cosmetic Injectables Center Offerings and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze the usage of Cosmetic Injectables Center offerings.
- Action Tags, Web Beacons, and other Data Collection Methods
An action tag or a web beacon is a method used to track responses or actions by visitors who view certain advertisements and/or other information on the Site, as applicable. Action tags are 1×1 pixel images embedded in a website page to collect information transparently. We may use action tags to count the number of times visitors click on a particular banner ad or visit the site and/or app pages and provide information about what products/services are viewed or purchased. We reserve the right to retain this action tag data indefinitely.
- Behavioral Tracking
- Other Websites
Cosmetic Injectables Center Offerings may contain links to other third-party owned and/or operated websites, including, but not limited to, the Social Media Websites. Cosmetic Injectables Center is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. In some cases, you may be able to purchase through one of their third-party websites. In these instances, you may be required to provide certain information, such as a credit card number, to register or complete a transaction at such a website. These third-party websites have separate privacy and data collection practices, and Cosmetic Injectables Center has no responsibility or liability relating to them.
How We Use Personal Information
Generally, Cosmetic Injectables Center uses the information gathered to provide, improve, and develop the services we provide to you, to communicate with you, offer you a better service, and protect us and our users. When you interact with or make use of the Cosmetic Injectors Center service, we use a variety of technologies to process the personal information that we collect about you for various reasons. The following provisions below govern our use of your personal information that is not considered PHI. For more information about Cosmetic Injectables Center’s treatment of PHI, please see the Privacy Notice attached hereto.
- Fraud detection and prevention: we make use of your personal information to increase and maintain the safety of our products, and services and prevent misuse. We use personal information to detect and prevent fraud and abuse in order to protect the security and ensure the safety of our Customers, Cosmetic Injectables Center, and others. We also use collected information to protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities.
- Email communication purposes: We may send emails, newsletters, product updates and related emails to the email address you provide, to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, system maintenance, and other Service-related purposes. We use personal information that we gather from you to communicate with you in relation to your use of the Cosmetic Injectables Center service via different channels (e.g., by email).
- Provide, troubleshoot and improvement of services: We use your personal information to understand, diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix issues with the Cosmetic Injectables Center Service. We also use such information to operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our Service (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our products and services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions.
- Recommendations and personalization: Personalize your experience with our products, services and recommend products, features, and services that we think might be of interest to you. This may include providing you with information that you may request, customize your experience with Cosmetic Injectables Center Offerings, and/or contact you when necessary in connection with your use of Cosmetic Injectables Center Offerings.
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements: In certain cases, we collect your personal information to stay in compliance with laws and relevant industry standards and policies, including this Privacy Notice and our Terms and Conditions of use.
Cosmetic Injectables Center will never share, sell, rent, exchange, or barter your personal information to or with any third party for financial gain or marketing purposes except as described below:
- Subsidiaries and affiliates: We may share personal information or any information collected through your use of the Service with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Merger and acquisition: We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through your usage of our Service to third parties who acquire all or a portion of Cosmetics Injectables Center’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Compliance with laws: We may also disclose personal information or any information collected through your usage of the Cosmetics Injectables Center Service if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials, law enforcement authorities or a valid subpoena, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity, including without limitation to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute any criminal offense or attack.
- Public health reporting: Your health information may be disclosed to public health agencies as required by law. For example, we are required to report certain communicable diseases to the state’s public health department.
- Social media websites: If you engage in any interaction with Cosmetic Injectables Center or any third party on any social media pages, you should be aware that: (a) the personal information that you submit through such social media pages can be read, collected, and/or used by other users of these websites/services (depending on your privacy settings associated with your accounts with the relevant social media websites), and could be used to send you unsolicited messages or otherwise to contact you without your consent or desire; and (b) where Cosmetic Injectables Center responds to any interaction on such social media pages, your account name/handle may be viewable by any and all members of Cosmetic Injectables Center’ social media presence.
We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit on any social media websites. The social media websites operate independently from Cosmetic Injectables Center, and we are not responsible for such social media websites’ interfaces or privacy or security practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings of the social media websites that you interact with to help you understand those Social Media Websites’ privacy practices. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of any social media websites, please refer to their applicable privacy notices or policies
- Consent: We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
Security and keeping your data safe
As a matter of policy, we endeavor to safeguard our users’ personal information. When Users make personal information available to us, their personal information is protected online and offline. Our registration/application process prompts users to enter Sensitive Information and/or PHI. When we store and transmit that sensitive information is encrypted with advanced TLS (Transport Layer Security)
Access to your personal information is strictly limited, and we take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is not accessible to the public. All of our Users’ personal information is restricted in our offices and the offices of our third-party service providers. Only employees or third-party agents who need personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to personal information. Our employees are dedicated to ensuring the security and privacy of all users’ personal information. Employees not adhering to our firm policies are subject to disciplinary action. The servers where we store personal information are kept in a secure physical environment. We also have security measures to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control.
However, please be advised that while we take every reasonable precaution available to protect your data, no storage facility, technology, software, security protocols, or data transmission over the Internet or via wireless networks can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Computer hackers that circumvent our security measures may gain access to certain portions of your personal information. Technological bugs, errors, and glitches may cause inadvertent disclosures of your data; provided, however, any attempt to breach the network’s security, our servers, databases, or other hardware or software may constitute a crime punishable by law. We cannot warrant that your personal information will be secure for the aforementioned reasons. Any transmission of data at or through the Site, other Cosmetic Injectables Center Offerings, or otherwise via the Internet or wireless network is done at your own risk.
In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, we shall notify you and any relevant regulatory agencies in the event that we learn of an information security breach concerning your personal information. You will be notified via e-mail in the event of such a breach. Please be advised that notice may be delayed to address the needs of law enforcement, determine the scope of network damage, and engage in remedial measures.
Personal Information retention and deletion
We keep your personal information only as long as necessary to provide you with the Cosmetic Injectables Center Service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the Cosmetic Injectables Center Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal information for as long as you are a user of the Cosmetics Injectables Center Service.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal information so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal information, including situations such as the following:
- If there’s an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal information until the issue is resolved,
- Where we need to retain the personal information for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal information for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
Data Protection laws grants you certain rights (‘information rights’) which provide you:
- Right of rectification or deletion: At your request, we will: (a) inform you of what personal information we have on file for you; (b) amend the personal information that we have on file for you; and/or (c) remove personal information that you have provided to us, or that we have collected. You may do so by contacting us via e-mail at: email@example.com. We ask individuals to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, amended, or removed before processing such requests. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may decline to process unreasonably repetitive or systematic requests, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
However, be advised that deleting your personal information may terminate or limit your ability to participate in the Promotions. If you wish to participate in the Promotions without any hindrance or limitation, you may not be able to delete all of the personal information that we have on file for you.
Please be further advised that, after you delete your personal information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems
- Right to object: you have a right to object to our processing of your personal data where the basis of the processing is our legitimate interests including but not limited to direct marketing and profiling.
- Right to withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data where the processing is based on consent. To withdraw consent, please specify what you wish to withdraw consent for, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right of complaint: if you are unhappy with the way we have used or are handling your personal data you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the Supervisory Authority. so, please contact us in the first instance by emailing us at: email@example.com.
HIPAA Privacy Notice
- Cosmetic Injectables Center’s uses and disclosures of Protected Health Information (“PHI”);
- your privacy rights with respect to your PHI;
- Cosmetic Injectables Center’s duties concerning your PHI;
- your right to file a complaint with Cosmetic Injectables Center or the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; and
- the person or office to contact for further information about Cosmetic Injectables Center’s privacy practices.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the State of California and would like to learn how your “personal information” (as defined in the Shine the Light Law, Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) is shared with third parties, what categories of personal information we have shared with third parties in the preceding year, as well as the names and addresses of those third parties, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or call us at: (818) 322-0122.
No information should be submitted to or posted by and through the site and/or app by visitors under eighteen (18) years of age (or the applicable age of majority, if greater than eighteen (18) years of age). Persons eighteen (18) years of age (or the applicable age of majority, if greater than eighteen (18) years of age) are not permitted to access Cosmetic Injectables Center Offerings, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and participate in and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
Unsubscribe or opt-out
To opt out of receiving e-mail communications from us, you can follow the instructions at the end of the applicable e-mail message or e-mail us at: email@example.com.
Notwithstanding the preceding, we may continue to contact you to communicate information relating to your request for Cosmetic Injectables Center offerings and respond to any inquiry or request made by you. To opt-out of receiving Cosmetic Injectables Center Offerings-related and/or inquiry response-related messages from Cosmetic Injectables Center, you must cease requesting and/or utilizing Cosmetic Injectables Center offerings and/or cease submitting questions to Cosmetic Injectables Center, as applicable.
Transfer of Personal Information Internationally
Links to other websites
Filing a Complaint with the Federal Trade Commission
To file a complaint regarding our privacy practices, please visit