PRP & PRF
Popularly known as the “vampire facial,” Platelet Rich Plasma and Fibrin (PRP & PRF) are one of the most natural ways to induce collagen. They can be used as an injection, or in conjunction with microneedling.
The process involves retrieval of a small amount of the patient’s own blood,separation of the plasma (platelets cells and proteins) and either injection or topical application during or after microneedling.
How It Works
A small amount of the patient’s blood is drawn into a sterile vial. The vial is then spun in a centrifuge machine, which separates the nutrient-rich plasma from the blood. This forms a custom serum using your body’s own PRP, filled with natural growth factors.
What It Does
- Increases collagen & elastin
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces appearance of scars
- Tightens and tones
- Rejuvenates skin without any chemicals or foreign substances
- Stimulates hair growth
PRP & PRF Procedure
Areas of Treatment
- Smile lines
- Décollatage for rejuvenation
- Scalp for hair growth stimulation
- 1-2 treatments a year (can do more). Space sessions 2-6 months apart
- A series of 4 microneedling sessions with PRP or PRF.
Space sessions 2 to 6 weeks apart.
Comfort Level of Procedure
With use of topical anesthetic cream, procedure can be comfortable.
Common Risks and Side Effects
Safe on all skin types, even dark or sensitive skin. Possibility of an allergic reaction is almost ZERO because the plasma comes from the patient’s own body.
- Temporary bruising or swelling.
- Mild redness and mild swelling for 24 to 48 hours. Chance of slight pinpoint bleeding and/or bruising.
- No downtime unless bruising/swelling occurs which can last up to 2 weeks. Laser treatment is available to expedite healing of any bruises, and swelling can be treated with oral medication.
- Mild redness and mild swelling for 24-48 hours.
Our team has years of experience in providing PRP & PRF treatments. Get in touch today!