SKINVIVE™ by JUVEDERM®
In a constantly evolving world of cosmetic products, here is a new treatment that is making waves — Skinvive by Juvederm. Skinvive is produced by AbbVie Company of Allergan Aesthetics- the same one that makes Botox and Juvederm. It is vital in improving the quality of the skin of the cheek.
Skinvive is an injectable gel containing hyaluronic acid. It improves the texture of the skin in your cheeks by hydrating the skin. It has proven to produce positive results, with minimal side effects and complications.
What is SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM®?
Skindive is a novel, FDA approved, minimally invasive hyaluronic acid dermal moisturizer. When injected into the dermis under the cheeks, it smoothes and hydrates the skin of the cheeks. It differs from all other fillers. Other fillers replace lost volume in the treatment areas. Skinvive injection hydrates the skin around the treated area, resulting in plump, healthier, and glowing skin.
Skinvive, also called Volite in Europe, is delivered as a microdroplet into the skin’s dermis. It works well with all shades of skin color. It hydrates the skin from within, reducing the appearance of fine lines and pores on the skin of the cheeks. You look younger and your skin gets healthier and more supple.
Skinvive contains hyaluronic acid, a substance that occurs naturally in the body. Hyaluronic acid contains molecules that attract and retain water. Skinvive contains lidocaine, a local anesthetic, that makes the procedure more comfortable. It numbs the treatment area and makes injecting Skinvive under the skin easier.
How Does Skinvive™ Work?
Hydration is vital in improving how your skin looks. Properly hydrated skin looks smooth, youthful, and radiant.
Skinvive is a hyaluronic acid-based gel that is injected under the skin. The treatment area is carefully selected by the expert for optimal results.
Skinvive is delivered intradermally as a microdroplet into the skin of the cheeks using a needle and syringe. It is delivered in volumes of 0.001mls to 0.005mls and the space between two injection sites is 0.5cm-1cm apart. The droplets hydrate and smoothen the skin.
It increases the release of Aquaporins that increase the influx and efflux of water from the skin’s cells. This fosters proper hydration of the skin around your cheeks.
Skinvive also increases the production of collagen. Collagen then increases skin elasticity. This results in reduced facial lines and wrinkles.
What are the Results of SKINVIVE™?
Skinvive is the only FDA-approved filler that functions to hydrate and smoothen the skin of the cheeks. It comes highly recommended among dermatologists and plastic surgeons. This is because of its unique results, minimal complication, and little downtime.
A study conducted on some patients 6 months after they used Skinvive showed positive results. 63% of patients said they had radiant skin after the procedure, 72% were impressed with how hydrated their skin was after the procedure, and 83% were satisfied with how healthy their skin looked.
Benefits Of SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM®
Skinvive has been highly recommended by Dermatologists and Plastic surgeons in the US. It has several benefits. Here are some of them:
- No Downtime: The procedure is straightforward and is done with local anesthesia. It has little or no downtime. You can get back to your daily activities immediately after the procedure. However, we recommend the patient take 24 hours before they return to their regular activities.
- Vibrant Skin: Skinvive hydrates the skin of the cheeks. It makes the skin vibrant, youthful, and supple.
- Increases Skin Elasticity: Skinvive stimulates the production of collagen. This increases skin elasticity.
- Suitable for all Skin Types: It can be used for all shades od skin color without exceptions.
- Minimally Invasive: It is minimally invasive and is perfect for people who don’t want surgery. It only involves inserting a needle and injecting the filler into the dermis of the cheeks.
- Durable Results: Skinvive filler is durable. The results of a single procedure can last for 6 to 12 months.
- Minimal Side Effects: The major ingredient of Skinvive, Hyaluronic acid, occurs naturally in the body. Thus, it rarely causes any serious side effects.
- Quick Procedure: Skinvive injection doesn’t take too much time. It takes 15-45 minutes for the whole procedure.
SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM®: The Experience: Procedure and Aftercare
Before the procedure is done, you will first have a consultation with well-trained experts who will discuss several pertinent things with you. Here are a few things that will happen during that consultation:
- The provider will explore your expectations from the procedure
- You will be informed properly of the procedure
- Give you details of the risks and potential complications of the procedure
- The licensed provider will ensure you’re a good fit for the procedure.
You will be asked to avoid the following:
- Aspirin, Blood thinners, Ibuprofen, and other anti-inflammatory drugs at least 1 week before the procedure.
- Alcohol, caffeine, and cigarettes 48 hours before the procedure.
- Duration: 15 to 45 minutes.
- Site Of Injection: The cheeks and other off-label areas such as the neck, around the mouth, and smile lines.
- Needle Used: Ultra slim needle.
- Pain: Slight pain. You can opt for a local anesthetic to be applied before the procedure.
- Step-By-Step Procedure:
- The treatment area is cleaned thoroughly.
- The expert injects the microdroplets evenly and in dots in a grid pattern into the dermis of the cheeks.
- A cold compress can be applied to relieve swelling.
Recovery & Aftercare
There is very minimal downtime after the Skinvive procedure. You can go back to your routine activities after 24 hours.
Some swelling or redness may occur, but it usually clears within 2-3 days.
Here are some things to avoid:
- Excess exposure to sunlight.
- Alcoholic drinks, caffeine, or cigarettes for 24-48 hours after your treatment.
- Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and anti-inflammatory drugs at least 3 days after the procedure.
Am I a Good Candidate?
If you’re over 18 years old and you want to smoothen and hydrate the skin of your cheeks, this procedure is for you.
- Age: >18 years
- Desire: Hydrates and smoothens the skin of the cheeks
The following may make you ineligible for the SKINVIVE:
- If you’re on blood thinners for a serious health condition;
- If you are pregnant;
- If there is immunosuppression;
- If you have allergies to lidocaine;
- If you react to hyaluronic acid;
- If you have serious allergies;
SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® Risks and Side Effects
Skinvive treatment is mostly safe. There are some possible complications that can follow the treatment.
Here are some common complications of Skinvive injection:
More serious complications are less common. Here are a few:
- Allergic Reaction;
- Blockage of Vessels;
- Skin Necrosis;
- Permanent Scarring;
SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® FAQs
Is Skinvive FDA-approved?
Yes, it is. In May 2023, it was announced in a press release that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Skinvive. It is currently the only hyaluronic acid injection that hydrates the skin of the cheeks.
How long does Skinvive last?
Typically, the results from a single injection of Skinvive can last anywhere from six months to nine months. Some have even been found to last up to a year! Patients would then be required to get a second injection.
How much does Skinvive cost?
The price for one treatment of Skinvive starts from around $800 depending on how much product is needed per session, the expertise of the administrator, and the geographical location.
Who makes Skinvive?
Skinvive by Juvederm is a Hyaluronic acid gel. It is produced by Abbvie company, Allergan Aesthetics. They create Botox, all members of the Juvederm fillers, and several other aesthetic products.
What are the side effects of Skinvive treatment?
Possible side effects following the procedure include itching, redness, bruising, bumps, pain, etc. If these signs persist seven days after the procedure, contact your physician. There can also be more serious side effects that are rare, like occluding vessels that can lead to blindness, skin necrosis, or even a stroke.