Emsculpt vs Emsculpt Neo: Which one is right for you?
Imagine two FDA-approved, non-invasive, non-surgical treatments that shrink stubborn fat, reshape your body, and transform it into your dream body, without downtime. All accomplished while you’re reclining during short 30-minute sessions.
- What is Emsculpt?
- What is Emsculpt Neo?
- What are the similarities and differences between Emsculpt and Emsculpt Neo?
- Which body sculpting option is best for me?
- What can I expect at an Emsculpt or Emsculpt Neo session?
- What kind of results can I expect from an Emsculpt or Emsculpt Neo
- Emsculpt vs. Emsculpt Neo
- Emsculpt and Emsculpt Neo FAQs
The two treatments are called Emsculpt and Emsculpt Neo, which is a newer version of Emsculpt. Read on to find out all you need to know about both of these highly impressive and life-changing treatments that can help you achieve the ultimate version of yourself.
What is Emsculpt?
Emsculpt is a non-surgical and non-invasive body sculpting procedure that burns fat and builds muscle.
Emsculpt uses high-intensity focused electromagnetic energy, also known as HIFEM, to make your muscles contract at a rate of intensity you could never accomplish yourself in the gym. These contractions are comparable to what 20,000 crunches would do to your abs or what 20,000 squats would do for your glutes. The incredible results are strengthened, toned, and tightened muscles and a slimmer physique in one session.
What happens to your muscles and fat during an Emsculpt session is what happens during exercise but it’s like strength training and fat burning on steroids. Muscles contract at such a high rate that the contractions activate more muscle fibers. This simulated exercise stresses the targeted muscles causing cellular level changes increasing muscle strength and size. And, since the body is working to give energy to the muscles during the Emsculpt session, fat cells start to break down. This activity is called lipolysis, where broken down fat cells begin to release fatty acids resulting in the death of the fat cell. Over time, through the body’s natural lymphatic processes, the fat cells are flushed from the body resulting in a leaner, more sculpted physique.
Emsculpt can be used on large muscle families like your abs and glutes and also on smaller muscle families like your upper arms, calves, and thighs. The recommended treatment protocol for Emsculpt is to attend four sessions over a two to four week timeframe, spacing out each visit from two to seven days apart. The treatment is like an intense workout for your body, and there is usually some muscle soreness following the treatments. Emsculpt is FDA approved and continues to work on growing your muscles and reducing your fat cells for up to about four months after the last treatment session.
What is Emsculpt Neo?
Emsculpt Neo is the newer and improved version of Emsculpt. Emsculpt Neo is also a non-surgical and non-invasive body sculpting procedure that burns even more fat and builds more muscle while also adding a new benefit – skin tightening.
Emsculpt Neo uses higher-intensity focused electromagnetic energy, HIFEM, to make your muscles contract at a higher rate of intensity. These Emsculpt Neo contractions are comparable to what 24,000 crunches would do to your abs or what 24,000 squats would do for your glutes! But, that’s not the only improvement. Emsculpt Neo delivers radiofrequency (RF) energy to the muscles as well, which is the addition of heating the muscles, and that results in more efficient and effective fat burning. Emsculpt Neo has been described as a beast treatment for those looking to tone, tighten, and slim down.
During an Emsculpt Neo session your body experiences simulated exercise at a level it could never attain otherwise. It also experiences something else while this is going on – the addition of RF heat. Because the muscles are contracting at such a high rate without resting, and because the RF heat boosts the supply of blood to the muscles, muscles undergo more rapid changes at the cellular level. This combination results in even more increased strength and size. And, while all that is going on, your body’s working overtime to supply that energy to the muscles as they are contracting and heating. This stress and simulated exercise cause the neighboring fat cells to go through the process of lipolysis, where the fat cells break down, release fatty acids, and die. To summarize, RF increases the reduction of fat in two ways: 1- by directly heating and destroying the fat and 2- by heating the muscles up so that the contractions burn and destroy more fat. The fat cells are then flushed completely out of the lymphatic system in the days, weeks, and months following your sessions. The results? Your body has a leaner, sculpted, toned physique.
Emsculpt Neo can be used on all the same areas as Emsculpt: the large muscle families like the abs and glutes and also on those smaller muscle families like your upper arms, calves, and on thighs. Normally, the treatments on the gluteus maximus, arms, and calves withhold the RF heat to avoid the loss of volume in those areas that come from the body reducing fat. The recommended treatment protocol for Emsculpt Neo is to attend four sessions over a two to four-week timeframe, spacing out each visit from two to seven days apart. The treatment is like an intense workout and so there is possibly some muscle soreness following the treatments. However, due to the pattern of contractions which includes a phase of tapping on the muscle, the lactic acid is spread out during the treatment so that while the muscle feels fatigue the next day, the soreness is minimal. Emsculpt Neo is FDA approved and continues to work on growing your muscles and reducing your fat cells for up to about four months after the last treatment session.
What are the similarities and differences between Emsculpt and Emsculpt Neo?
There are many similarities between Emsculpt and Emsculpt Neo making each treatment beneficial for body sculpting. However, several key differences could impact a decision on selecting the right treatment for each individual.
Similarities between Emsculpt and Emsculpt Neo
- Both treatments are nonsurgical, requiring no numbing or anesthesia.
- Both result in no downtime after sessions.
- Both are non-invasive.
- Both are FDA-approved.
- Both burn fat and tone muscles.
- Both are appropriate for any skin tone and type.
- Both result in no side effects except possible short-term muscle fatigue similar to what you’d feel after a hard day at the gym.
- Both can minimize muscle separation in the abs without surgery. Many women experience this condition during and after pregnancy, resulting in the separation of abdominal muscles creating the dreaded belly pooch. Emsculpt and Emsculpt Neo are both effective in treating abdominal separation AKA diastasis recti.
- Both can help increase testosterone in men
- Both can help speed recovery time from an injury
- Both recommend four treatments over two weeks spaced out two to seven days apart.
Differences between Emsculpt and Emsculpt Neo:
- Emsculpt contractions are equivalent to 20,000 in one 30-minute session.
- Emscupt NEO contractions are equivalent to 24,000 in one 30-minute session.
- Emsculpt Neo adds the delivery of Radio Frequency (RF) energy to the treated areas in addition to increased numbers of contractions. Adding heat causes the muscle temperature to rise quickly thereby killing fat cells and tightening the skin. RF also can directly kill fat.
- Emsculpt increases muscle mass up to 16% while Emsculpt Neo increases muscle mass up to 25%.
- Emsculpt results in fat loss up to 19% for Emsculpt and up to 30% for Emsculpt Neo.
- Emsculpt Neo fat loss is permanent and can be sustained through continued diet and exercise.
- Emsculpt Neo treatments cost more on average than Emsculpt treatments.
Which body sculpting option is best for me?
Both Emsculpt and Emsculpt Neo are highly effective options for those wanting stronger muscles, more sculpted muscles, and a reduction in fat on their bodies. Some characteristics would make one more desirable over the other for certain individuals. Read on to find out if Emsculpt or Emsculpt Neo is best for your individual physical goals.
- Those with a higher Body Mass Index (BMI) of 35 or higher would benefit more from Emsculpt Neo than Emsculpt for several reasons. The fat on the surface of the body could act as an inadvertent barrier between the treatment delivery paddles and the muscles causing the contractions to be reduced during the treatments. Due to the Emsculpt Neo radio frequency, there is an increased ability to burn through higher levels of fat and increase muscle tone in the targeted areas.
- Emsculpt would suffice for those who already have lower levels of body fat, those who work out often but are simply looking for the boost of some extra help with muscle definition, or that last stubborn bit of fat.
- Aside from providing slimming, toning, and fat-burning benefits, Emsculpt Neo can help those who have some physical conditions such as the loss of bladder control or those who need pelvic floor strengthening.
- For those wanting a higher and more rounded butt – Emsculpt is becoming known as the non-surgical butt lift treatment. Both Emsculpt and Emsculpt Neo (without the RF heat) can create the firmer, more shapely butt through the high-intensity muscle contractions without the fat cell destruction.
What can I expect at an Emsculpt or Emsculpt Neo session?
Emsculpt and Emsculpt Neo sessions are very similar in activity, duration, and follow-up requirements. Because Emsculpt and Emsculpt Neo simulate rigorous exercise, it is important to hydrate before your sessions. Both treatments require no other prep, no special clothing, and can be done on your lunch break or during the work-day. Because there is no downtime, you can simply return to normal daily activities immediately after your Emsculpt or Emsculpt Neo session. There are some limited differences in the session between the two treatments to keep in mind.
- During your treatment session, you recline, and the paddle-like applicators are strapped onto your targeted areas for treatment.
- The session normally lasts about 30 minutes for the larger muscle group areas and just about 20 minutes to treat smaller muscle areas.
- The doctor may start the device on its lowest setting if it is the first session to get you used to the treatment.
- As you continue your treatment sessions, you will likely begin your sessions at higher settings.
- You will feel the strong contractions once the machine begins sending high-intensity electromagnetic energy to your targetted muscles.
- The contractions from the machine will cycle through different stages, some will be fast and light while others will be more powerful and slow.
- In just a few seconds, the machine contracts the targeted muscles hundreds or thousands of times.
- Many individuals report that although there is no pain, the muscle contractions feel unusual and some say the muscles feel like they would during a hard workout. Some people find these contractions so bizarre feeling that they laugh or giggle.
Emsculpt Neo Session
- An Emsculpt Neo treatment includes everything that happens in an Emsculpt session but is somewhat different because you will also feel the RF heat. The full intensity of the heat happens in the first four minutes of the treatment session.
- Your skin temperature is monitored during the session to prevent burning. Some report minimal discomfort from the heat. Your provider will ensure you are comfortable throughout the session.
- The doctor may start the device on its lowest setting if it is the first session to get you used to the treatment but will gradually increase to an intensity you can tolerate to maximize results.
- The doctor will use larger paddles for the larger muscle groups and smaller paddles for arms and calves.
- The muscle contractions will be slow and powerful during the last phase of treatment, to help eliminate any toxins or lactic acid released during the procedure. This helps to decrease muscle soreness.
- Some people report muscle fatigue afterward as if they had a hard work-out, but there is no recovery time required. Even better than a good workout, the soreness will be minimal due to the tapping pattern of the Emsculpt Neo contractions which disperse lactic acid and decrease pain. You can even work out right away if desired.
What kind of results can I expect from an Emsculpt or Emsculpt Neo
Both Emsculpt and Emsculpt Neo are fat burning and muscle building treatments that get significant and visible results.
- Emsculpt’s manufacturer, BTL, reports through clinical studies, reductions in waist size and fat as well as increases in muscle mass.
- Clinical studies show Emsculpt can build muscle by 16% and reduce fat by 19% after four sessions.
Emsculpt Neo Results
- Emsculpt Neo’s manufacturer, BTL reports clinical trials showing a 25% increase in muscle mass, a waist circumference reduction of up to 2.3 inches, and an average of 30% fat loss a month after treatment in the treated area.
- Emsculpt Neo’s manufacturer, BTL also demonstrated improvement in diastasis recti. There was a 19% reduction in the separation of abdominal muscles a month after treating the abdomen.
As we’ve seen, Emsculpt and Emsculpt Neo are both highly impressive and life-changing muscle building, fat burning treatments that can help you achieve an improved, more sculpted physique. Depending upon your individual needs, either could be a great addendum to your general diet and workout regimen providing that extra boost to reshape your body and help you reach your ultimate physical goals.
The trick athletes, celebrities, bodybuilders, and moms have already learned – is now yours!
Emsculpt vs. Emsculpt Neo
|Reduces Fat By:||19%||30%|
|National Average Cost for 4 treatments:||Varies, up to $2,000 – $4,000||Varies, up to $3,000 – $5,000|
|Number of Sessions Required:||4 Sessions |
(In a 2-4 week period)
|4 Sessions |
(In a 2-4 week period)
|Technology Used:||High-intensity focused electromagnetic energy (HIFEM) pulses||Combines enhanced HIFEM technology (delivering up to 20% more electromagnetic pulses than Emsculpt) with radiofrequency (RF) energy in the form of heat|
|Session Duration:||20-30 minutes||20-30 minutes|
|Treatment Areas:|| || |
|Results last:||6 months to a year, maintenance sessions may be required||6 months or longer, maintenance sessions may be required|