Transform Your Skin: Morpheus8 Treatment For Acne Scars
Morpheus8 treatment is one of the most popular solutions for eliminating undesirable acne scarring from the skin. This subdermal adipose remodeling device blends fractional radiofrequency (RF) energy. It stimulates collagen production, and microneedling into a one-step process to renew deeper layers of the skin and improve skin texture.
- What is Morpheus8?
- The Formation of Acne Scars
- How does Morpheus8 Improve Acne Scars?
- The Benefits of RF Energy
- Preparing for a Morpheus8 Treatment
- Morpheus8 Before & After Photos
- Side Effects and Risks of Morpheus8
- Morpheus8 Treatment Areas
- Ideal Candidates for Morpheus8
- How long do Morpheus8 Results last?
- Morpheus8 Treatment Costs
- Morpheus8 for Acne Scarring FAQs
The Morpheus8 device uses top-of-the-line technology to provoke your skin into healing settled in and stubborn acne scarring in a safe, comfortable, results-driven way.
What is Morpheus8?
Morpheus8 is a skin rejuvenation treatment that pairs microneedling with radiofrequency (RF) energy. It is an industry-leading treatment that utilizes a handheld device containing Micro Pins. These micro pins intentionally wound the skin to regenerate the natural tissue.
The procedure is FDA approved to deliver RF energy heat into the skin via ultra-thin needles, creating controlled micro injury triggering a natural healing response also called “collagen induction therapy”. The proccess promotes a cascade of new collagen and elastin production that resurfaces and firms skin The RF energy delivered with heightens collagen remodeling while improving the texture and tone of the skin at the same time that it causes the skin to tighten.
The combination of micro-needling and RF energy is a highly effective method to rid the skin of unwanted acne scarring. With almost no patient downtime, you will leave with optimal results and regain a youthful appearance.
The Formation of Acne Scars
Acne scarring comes from the result of faulty skin healing and inflammation. When a wound heals, new cells develop, forming new skin and connective tissues. Collagen is an integral part of assuring the skin heals properly.
When collagen production begins to decrease, you may develop Ice Pick, Boxcar, and Rolling scars. When the body produces excessive amount of collagen, you can develop hypertrophic scarring. These different types of scarring negatively affect your overall appearance, skin complexion, and skin texture.
How does Morpheus8 Improve Acne Scars?
Morpheus8 Treatment for Acne Scars is one of the leading minimally invasive resurfacing methods that utilizes microneedling combined with fractional radiofrequency energy.
From there, cells begin to regenerate and migrate to the wound to build new tissue and collagen, which is the natural process that takes place with any lesion on the body. This procedure can reduce and permanently eliminate acne scarring with a steady series of Morpheus8 Treatments (typically three treatments). You can even combine Morpheus8 with other cosmetic treatments to expedite your results.
The Morpheus8 device uses micro pins to penetrate the deep layers of the skin (subdermal tissue) to create micro-wounds. When the skin is punctured, the RF energy is sent in waves to stimulate collagen production and amplify the healing process.
The Benefits of RF Energy
Radiofrequency energy in the Morpheus8 treatment has several rewarding factors. The benefits that come with Morpheus8 Treatment include:
- Wrinkles Reduction
- Stimulates Collagen Production
- Safety for Most Skin Types
- Tightens Loose Skin
- Fat Reduction/Sculpting
Preparing for a Morpheus8 Treatment
Morpheus8 is a minimally invasive procedure, resulting in little to no downtime. This method of skin rejuvenation is safe on all skin types and highly effective.
However, patients should know what to expect from their Morpheus8 treatment to fully prepare for their appointment. Check out these reviews from real patients to see what others say about their experience!
Before the Procedure
- Avoid sun exposure two weeks before treatment.
- Discontinue using topical products that include Tretinoin, Retinols, Retinoids, Vitamin C, AHA’s, BHA’s, and anti-aging products.
- Avoid taking any blood-thinning medication two weeks before treatment, such as Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, and Motrin.
- Discontinue drinking alcoholic beverages at least two days before treatment.
- Avoid bleaching, tweezing, and waxing.
During the Procedure
- Arrive at the office with a clean, makeup-free face.
- A topical anesthetic will be applied to ensure comfort throughout your treatment.
- Your practitioner will perform the procedure, which takes roughly 30 minutes.
Post Procedure Care
- You may use a gentle cleanser 2-3 hours post-treatment to cleanse your skin.
- Sleep with your head elevated for 2-3 days to prevent swelling.
- Avoid consuming alcohol or smoking for at least two days post-treatment.
- Avoid taking Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, and Motrin for at least four days post-treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least ten days post-treatment, and wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen.
Morpheus8 Before & After Photos
When Will I See My Results?
Morpheus8 is a scientifically proven method to reduce signs of aging and skin texture concerns, such as acne scarring. Results vary as each patient’s skin heals differently. However, you can expect results in as little as three days, with the most noticeable results developing within one month after the third treatment session.
Collagen formation might take up to six months, so you will continue to notice improvement over that period. After your first Morpheus8 treatment, a satisfying enhancement of the skin will be noticeable. However, most patients require more than one session to achieve their skin goals.
Side Effects and Risks of Morpheus8
Morpheus8 is considered a safe skin resurfacing procedure to undergo. While this treatment is deemed relatively comfortable with a simple recovery period, there are some side effects that each patient needs to know.
After your Morpheus8 Treatment, you may experience the following:
- Skin Redness: Skin redness is a normal side effect and will likely subside on its own.
- Superficial Bruising: Superficial bruising around the eyes may occur, which may happen.
- Tiny Needle Marks: Tiny needle marks may be present for 3-7 days post-treatment. These marks will subside on their own as your skin continues to heal.
- Hyperpigmentation: While the risk is much lower than lasers, there’s still a possibility of temporary hyperpigmentation at higher energy levels, especially if there’s sun exposure afterwards. If you are prone to pigmentation, request a more gentle setting.
Morpheus8 Treatment Areas
Morpheus8 can treat multiple areas of the face and body. The most commonly treated areas include:
Most areas on the face and body (including chest, buttocks, arms, legs, and abdomen) that exhibit wrinkles, scarring, and discoloration are suitable to accept the Morpheus8 Treatment.
Ideal Candidates for Morpheus8
- Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate for Morpheus8 Treatments are adults experiencing loose skin, discoloration, or acne scarring. Morpheus8 can successfully treat all three types of scarring (boxcar, icepick, and hypertrophic). When completed in a series, this treatment can even permanently eliminate visible scars from the skin.
- Candidates Better Suited for Other Treatments: Those with severely loose skin or deep wrinkles might not be ideal candidates for Morpheus8 and may benefit more from a surgical treatment to achieve their cosmetic goals. Morpheus8 targets mild to moderate skin laxity and wrinkles that require increased collagen production.
How Many Treatments are Needed?
To achieve optimal results, many patients require at least three treatments spaced about one month apart from each other. However, this number will vary because each patient’s skin is unique.
Luckily, there is no upper limit on how many treatments a patient can receive. During your consultation, your practitioner will recommend a treatment plan to achieve your cosmetic skin goals.
How long do Morpheus8 Results last?
If the required amount of sessions is completed, Morpheus8 results are long-lasting. Skin tightening results can last between 2-5 years due to natural aging and reduced collagen production.
Since the Morpheus8 stimulates new collagen in the skin, results can be permanent if a good at-home skin care regimen is in place and the treatment plan is administered consistently. You may notice scarring for the first few months. However, these scars will likely diminish as the skin continues to heal and new skin texture becomes visible.
Morpheus8 Treatment Costs
The cost of a Morpheus8 Treatment varies for each patient. Everyone’s skin is unique and requires a different amount of sessions.
- Average Cost: $800-$1,500 per session
- Our Cost: Highly competitive as compared to the average cost. Cosmetic Injectables Center runs regular specials on pricing, so call today and ask about our specials!
During your initial consultation, you will understand the total cost you can expect to pay to achieve your results. You will also review your specific treatment plan to eliminate unwanted acne scars and rejuvenate your overall appearance. To find out if Morpheus8 is the right treatment for you, book a consultation online or over the phone today.
Morpheus8 for Acne Scarring FAQs
Is Morpheus8 good for acne scars?
- Yes. It is a minimally invasive fractional radiofrequency microneedling device that has been FDA-cleared to treat wrinkles, scarring, and skin laxity. It delivers thermal energy through the dermis to stimulate collagen and elastin production, which can improve the appearance of acne scarring over time.
Which microneedling is best for acne scars?
Morpheus8 stands out as one of the best for treating acne scars. This advanced technology uses microneedling with radiofrequency energy to target problem areas and stimulate healing. It helps create more substantial results than other types of microneedling, making it more suitable for reducing stubborn acne scars.
Which laser treatment is best for acne scars?
Fractional lasers such as Fraxel use light energy to help reduce scarring by smoothing rough patches and softening deep indentations. Erbium YAG Laser Resurfacing can effectively smooth out even severe acne marks while stimulating collagen production, giving your complexion a healthier look and feel! However, there is a significant downtime associated with these types of lasers, whereas Morpheus8 treatment has little to no downtime. A more gentle laser that helps acne scars but is not as aggressive is lasergenesis.
Can Morpheus8 leave scars?
No, it is unlikely for Morpheus8 to leave scars. The procedure relies on fractional RF waves that penetrate your tissue at different depths and cause “controlled damage” to stimulate healthy cell regeneration and wound healing processes. The most common scarring that could potentially occur from Morpheus8 treatment would be if the individual picks at or scratches the micro-wounds as they heal after treatment.
Which treatment is best for acne scars?
Many treatments are available for acne scarring ranging from topical creams, lasers, dermabrasion, fillers, and surgical procedures. Morpheus8 is an excellent treatment for signs of aging and acne scars. It ignites the body’s healing mechanism to remodel both the superficial and deeper layers of tissue in the skin without harming them.
Is Morpheus8 better than Fraxel?
Morpheus8 treatments are more gentle on the skin, have minimal downtime, and produce results faster than Fraxel. Patients may feel more comfortable knowing they won’t have to take time off from their normal activities to recover from the procedure.
Will acne scars come back after microneedling?
The short answer is no – if no new breakouts occur after microneedling treatments, acne scars should remain gone. As with any cosmetic procedure, aftercare and post-treatment instructions should be followed to protect against possible recurrence of scarring.
Does microneedling permanently fix acne scars?
Yes. It depends on several factors, such as the severity of the scarring and patient compliance with post-treatment care. Morpheus8 combines microneedling with radiofrequency energy (RF) technology for more significant results in fewer treatments than other microneedling therapies.
Is microneedling or lasers better for acne scars?
Microneedling is an effective treatment that helps reduce the appearance of scarring. The needle puncture sites and the heat released under the skin via controlled radiofrequency waves initiates remodeling of the skin through our body’s natural wound healing mechanism. However, it is best suited for shallow scars, as deeper ones may require multiple treatments with greater intensity levels to achieve desired results.
Who should not get Morpheus8?
Morpheus8 is safe but may not be suitable for some. You should avoid this treatment if you meet one of the following contraindications:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- History of cancer or radiation treatments
- Individuals with metal implants in the treatment area